The 59th World Statistics Congress (WSC) of the International Statistical Institute (ISI) will be held in Hong Kong during 25-30 August 2013. All persons attending the 59th WSC must register, including session organisers, speakers and discussants as well as accompanying persons.
If you are not yet a member of ISI or ISI Associations, please visit the ISI website at http://www.isi-web.org/membership to find out more regarding the membership options and how to sign up. Join the ISI family by May 2013 and you can register for the 59th WSC for the reduced registration fee!
The registration fees of the 59th WSC are as follows:
|Type of Participants||Early Bird Rate
(full payment made on or
before 31 May 2013)
(full payment made on or
after 1 June 2013)
*ISI Ex Officio, Corporate and Affiliate Members are entitled to the rates of ISI Members. For questions with regard to your membership status, please contact the ISI Permanent Office at email@example.com.
** The Youth Theme Day will be held on 28 August 2013.
*** The 59th WSC will be the first WSC which offers the option of virtual participation. Virtual participants will have access to real-time viewing of the speakers' presentations and PowerPoint slides for 10 selected sessions via the Internet and may raise textual questions through the instant messaging panels. The 10 selected sessions are IPS008, IPS016, IPS026, IPS036, IPS055, IPS070, IPS082, IPS092, IPS101 and IPS113.
All payments will be charged in Hong Kong dollar. The amounts expressed in Euro are based on the currency exchange rate as at 1 February 2012.
Terms and Conditions of Registration
I. Registration Entitlement
|WSC Delegates*||Students||Accompanying Persons||Theme Day Participants|
|Access to Scientific Programme||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to Exhibition||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Access to Theme Day sessions||✔||✔||✔|
|Opening Ceremony ticket||✔||✔||✔|
|Gala dinner ticket||✔||✔|
|Tea and coffee break||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Hong Kong Night ticket||Optional participation at a fee of HK$500 (approximately €50) per person|
*Include members/non-members of ISI and ISI Associations, Organisers of Invited Paper Sessions, Authors and Discussants of Invited Papers.
II. Registration Process and Payment
- Online registration will be open up to 5 August 2013. Participants of the 59th WSC must complete the registration beforehand via the Registration System. Alternatively, they may complete the registration form and send it to the Executive Secretariat by e-mail at WSC-Reg@swiretravel.com or by fax at (852)2590 0099. After 5 August 2013, registration can only be done by e-mail or fax.
- Registration will be confirmed only upon the full payment of registration fee. To enjoy the privileged rate for early bird, full payment of registration fee must be made on or before 31 May 2013. All participants who have completed the registration process and made full payment will receive a confirmation letter through e-mail. Please bring the confirmation letter and present it at the registration counter.
- The Executive Secretariat accepts payments by credit card, bank transfer, Hong Kong local bank cheque, or bank draft in Hong Kong Dollars. For payments by bank transfer, the participant should be responsible for all associated bank charges and the Executive Secretariat should receive the exact invoiced amount.
- Registration from students should be accompanied by a letter or any documentary proof from the department or institute being attended, confirming student status, in order to complete the registration. The documentary proof should be sent to the Executive Secretariat of the 59th WSC by e-mail at WSC-Reg@swiretravel.com or by fax at (852)2590 0099.
- Participants from developing countries are entitled to a reduced rate for the registration fee. The Executive Secretariat reserves the right to request them to provide documentary proof of their country of residence for completion of their registration process. In the case that no acceptable documentary proof can be produced to the Executive Secretariat, the participant may be required to pay the difference of the registration fee charged. A list of developing countries is posted on the website of the ISI at http://isi-web.org/developing.
- Fees for accommodation, tours and optional social functions, such as Hong Kong Night, are not included in the registration fees.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter any of the arrangements for this Congress, including cancellation of the event should unforeseen circumstances require such action. In the special circumstances that the entire event has to be cancelled, the Organiser will refund the registration fee to the participants. However, the Organiser will not be liable to other associated costs, e.g. accommodation and travelling expenses, and any inconvenience incurred to the participants due to the cancellation. Therefore, participants are advised to arrange for their own travel insurance.
III. Registration Transfer
All registrations for the 59th WSC are transferrable to another participant on or before 5 August 2013. Transfer requests must be made by e-mail to the Executive Secretariat at WSC-Reg@swiretravel.com or by fax at (852)2590 0099. A registration form should be completed by the new participant. Change of participant will not be allowed after 5 August 2013.
IV. Cancellation and Refund Policies
- All cancellations of registration must be in writing and submitted to the Executive Secretariat by e-mail at WSC-Reg@swiretravel.com or by fax at (852)2590 0099. Cancellation fees will be charged as follows:
|Cancellation fees charged|
|Cancellations made on or before 31 May 2013||Cancellations made between 1 June and 5 August 2013 (both dates inclusive)||Cancellations made after 5 August 2013|
|Registration for the 59th WSC||
|Registration for Hong Kong Night on 27 August 2013||
Note: The processing charge of HK$300 is to cover administrative overheads and fees that may be charged by the banks of the Executive Secretariat.
- If the amount of refund is less than HK$300 before the processing charge is deducted, no refund will be processed.
- Refunds will be paid in Hong Kong Dollars. The currency exchange rate to be applied in the case of payments and refunds will be based on the available exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
- Refund for cancellation of the whole registration will be made within three months after confirmation of the cancellation by the Executive Secretariat. Refund for individual events/items will normally be made within two months after the conclusion of the Congress. Any charges levied by the banks and credit card issuers of the participants will be borne by the participants themselves.
Letter of Invitation (for Visa Application)
Nationals of about 170 countries and territories do not require a visa to visit Hong Kong for a period ranging from 7 to 180 days. If unsure of status, please check with any Chinese Embassy or Consulate General. Details about the visa requirements are also available on the website of the Immigration Department of Hong Kong.
If an invitation letter is needed to assist in the visa application, please complete the Request Form and send it to the Executive Secretariat by e-mail at WSC-Reg@swiretravel.com or by fax at (852)2590 0099 for consideration and processing.
The following are telephone numbers, facsimile numbers and e-mail addresses for making enquiries about the 59th World Statistics Congress:
Registration Matters (including visa application)
Tel : (852) 3151 8900 / 3151 8822
Fax: (852) 2590 0099
Tel : (852) 2582 5073
Fax: (852) 2827 1708